ok we had to watch this in chem class
that sexual tension
that spill was not an accident
So does your lab partner get to watch for the whole 15 minutes?
I PHSYCOALLY CANT BRETHA HEALP
Fuck special snowflakes who think like this.
Your ass ain’t fucking special because you don’t wear makeup.
You’re not fucking better than the woman with large breasts who wears tank tops.
You’re a piece of shit because you are putting sexist stereotypes onto other women in some anti-feminine bullshit.If you don’t like it, why’d you comment on it? I think it’s awesome and you’re probably one of the girls up there that wears makeup and shortshorts and tiny tanktops. And most kids today wear makeup because they think they aren’t pretty and need it. So deal with it. And get over yourself.
lemme tell you something: I wear tons of fucking make up. I wear short dresses. I walk around with a face that looks about as fake as it can get outside of a fucking barbie doll. and I like it that way. and, despite what you seem to think, no, it’s not because i think i’m ugly. i just fucking like makeup (and trust, i’ve spent years examining my own motivations and how they’re tied to internalized self-hated, fatphobia and misogyny so don’t EVEN cause you don’t know what you’re talking about).
I also read ravenously; engage in discourse regarding philosphy, art, economics, politics, race, gender, sexuality; make subversive art; and love comics and film and music. I’M A FUCKING PERSON IS WHAT I’M SAYING.
like how fucking deep is this goddamn image when the spine of the book JUST SAYS THE WORD ‘BOOK’.
this kind of bullshit narrative, other than furthering a misogynistic dichotomy that pits women against each other, is also a complete fucking fallacy. A huge majority of average women DON’T DO THIS. you aren’t the lone plain jane in an army of cake-faced, bottle blonde barbies—if you look around, you’ll see that most women just throw on jeans and tops and very little makeup.
I get that this kind of shit is an attempt to fight back against media-made images of what womanhood is supposed to be. I get it. (thought isn’t it interesting that the “weirdo” in the picture is still thin and conventionally attractive??)
but attacking other women who you perceive as being stupid or carbon copies because of their fucking appearance doesn’t fight back against shit. it actually does EXACTLY what the patriarchy wants us to do—engenders more hatred and competition between women.
but you know, whatever, continue to think you’re so goddamn special. i’ll be over here reading AND wearing hot pink lipstick and having a hell of a time doing it.
— Paul Walker (via allthingsgirlyy)
Happy Thanksgiving! Yes, I am dragging out my annual Lena Horne at the stove shot (she is really demonstrating fuel conservation here, circa 1940s, via Corbis) but let’s just pretend she just put a bird in the oven, shall we? And let’s all hope that her hypothetical bird turned out a lot better than my tragic Lemon Pound Cake today. Good thing I’m also bringing a bottle of wine!
Seth Rogen & James Franco: Bound 3 HD! (Kanye West - Bound 2 parody) (Watch Video)
This is all I need.
Chill tf out lmaoooooooo
I’m still dying.
THE THIRST IS REAL.
"Peace" speech. June 10, 1963.
They can leap 36 feet
As in leap forward 36 feet
They don’t jump 36 feet into the fucking sky do you know how terrifying that would be the human race wouldn’t have survived because we’d have all had heart attacks while still in Africa
I just spent two minutes laughing harder at this than I probably should have.
IM WHEEZING SO HARD OMG
this is one of those things that always makes me wheeze
JESUS CHRIST IT’S A LION GET IN THE HELICOPTER
I almost died laughing at this picture!!!!!!
They are going to be amazing people when they’re older
Anonymous asked: Why is John Lennon bad
Master Post on Why John Lennon is Shit
So here’s a master post of John Lennon’s shittiness. I added much more info about cultural appropriation in his music. I also submitted this to Your Fave is Problematic.Sexism/abuse
- publicly admitted to hitting the women he dated
- abusive toward both his wives, including Yoko Ono and his son
- was controlling in his relationship with Yoko Ono, making her follow him everywhere (including the bathroom)—and made her list all the men she had slept with, which he shamed her for, and did various other controlling/abusive things
- wrote this misogynistic song that threatens violence against women
Homophobia and antisemitism
- was antisemitic and homophobic, and made antisemetic/homophobic comments toward Brian Epstein, the Beatles’ gay and Jewish manager
- even beat someone nearly to death for even insinuating that he had an affair with Brian Epstein: he never apologized for the incident, despite using the excuse for being drunk at the time, stating, “he called me a bloody queer, and I bashed in his ribs for it.’ Later, when he was older, and supposedly “reformed” he claimed he just “wanted to show he was a man” at that age…
- wrote the racist song: “Woman is the ‘N-word’ of the world” (except he used the actual word not n-word) tw in link for racial slur; discussion here explaining why the song is racist (again tw for slur) post explains the song, not only uses a slur but also erases Black women, and equates sexism non-black women face with anti-blackness) (one lyric: “women is the slave to the slaves”)
- appropriating/stealing music from Black artists: stole riffs, melodies and even lyrics from Black artists, to name but a few examples: I Feel Fine from Bobby Parker; Day Tripper from Bo Diddly; and was sued for stealing Come Together from Chuck Berry; and did many covers where Black vocal styles are appropriated: Twist and Shout from Isley Brothers, Money fromBarrett Strong/Berry Gordy, Some Other Guy from Ritchie Barrett—examples go on and on
- appropriation of Indian music and culture, including the appropriation of traditional Indian instruments, spiritual/religious beliefs, perpetuating harmful stereotypes and white supremacy; examples of appropriation in music here, here, here; and this video is an example of not only appropriation of the sitar but Indian spirituality (“om” in the song Across the Universe) and in fetishizing/exoticizing spiritual practices in India
- often made offensive comments about disabled people (note that the jerk who wrote the article in the link makes ridiculous excuses for him)
- mimicked people with developmental disabilities
- stated that disabled people touching him was “horrifying” and continually referred to disabled people as “cr*pples”; talked about disabled fans in extremely ableist, demeaning ways
- made a song called “Cr*ppled Inside” with an ableist slur to appropriate the pain of disabled people to describe his “internal pain” as a white abled man
Harassment/bullying/acts of violence
- Committed various humiliating/violent actstoward strangers and friends: threw knives at people in the audience at concerts, being a violent drunk and getting in fights with friends, etc.; also dubbed Germans at a concert “Nazis” and “Hitlerites”
- he may have beenresponsible for the death of former bandmate Stuart Sutcliffe, on top of more heinous behavior, including urinating on nuns
- Edit:there are tons of conflicting accounts of Stuart Sutcliffe’s
death. There’sthis accountfrom Sutfliffe’s sister that Lennon beat Sutcliffe savagely after learning he was leaving the group—which may or may not have lead to death by complications later (but she alsoclaimsthe beating didn’t lead to his death, but it still did damage). There are other accounts whichclaim that thugs attacked Sutcliffe and gave him the injury or thatSutcliffe fell down a flight of stairs— there were even rumors of it being caused by amphetamine use or a tumor (those seem to be bogus)— we can’t know for sure what the true story is (but it’s not unthinkable that someone with Lennon’s history of abuse would do this)
Damn. I knew NONE of this.
- You know what gets me?
And I’m not saying this because I want to down on shippers or glorify non-shippers. I’m just saying this as a general thing....
- It don't matter if your black or white...BANANANANANA!
Louis: It’s kinda funny actually…no one could have ever imagined...
- K-Punk and the Vampire's Castle
It’s pretty depressing that black women are still fighting...